A friend let me know a Comic-Con was happening over the weekend and wondered if I wanted to go. I thought it would be fun to debut a comic strip that day, but I didn’t have one. So, I created one.
I started working on Robonk around noon on 2017-03-09 and by noon on 2017-03-11 I was debuting the comic on a small strip of a table in Ontario, Oregon. Some people didn’t quite get it, which is to be expected. Those that did really did like it however, and laughing ensued. This was encouraging. Robonk clearly isn’t for everyone.
A lot was created in the first 48 hours, including:
- 80 scripts. Wanted to see how viable the concept was.
- A drawing of the Robonk and the chair in CAD software (Tinkercad).
- Five illustrated strips to show if it could be done. The title panels were less than ideal, but I was learning and you have to start somewhere, right?!
- Deciding on the name and reserving robonk.com which was available.
- A single sheet of paper (double sided) with the first five strips to hand out at the Ontario, Oregon event.
As I write this first blog entry, the website is being setup, and there’s a facebook page and a twitter account.
Robonk is still less than a week old. We’ll see how things develop as time moves along. Thanks for coming along on the journey.